The 35th Annual Girls’ State Cross Country Meet and the 53rd Annual Boys’ State Cross Country Meet will be held on Saturday, October 26th in Valley City at Bjornson Golf Course, Martin Bratrud (firstname.lastname@example.org) manager. Separate meets will be held for the Division A girls’ and boys’ teams as well as the Division B boys’ and girls’ teams.
Click HERE for Coach/AD Tournament Information Letter
Click HERE for State Cross Country Results
The Division A boys’ event will begin at 12:00 p.m., the Division A girls’ event will begin at 12:45 p.m. Awards will immediately follow the completion of the A Division. The Division B boys’ event will start at 2:15 p.m. and the Division B girls’ event will start at 3:00 p.m. with awards ceremony for the B Division immediately following the two races. The girls will run a 4000 meter course and boys will run a 5000 meter course. Provisions will be made to walk the course at 10:00 a.m. for those wishing to do so. There will be no practice on the course the day or evening prior to the competition. The meet is open to any Cross Country Division A or B school submitting an entry form which will be electronically provided to the school administration. Submit this registration form no later than Monday at 10:00 a.m. prior to the state event. Both the boys’ team and the girls’ team may be submitted on the same entry form. Entries submitted after deadline date up to Noon Monday prior to the State Meet must be accompanied by a $25.00 late entry fee. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED BEYOND THAT TIME.
Through the use of the adjusted score procedure, those schools who enter or compete with fewer than 5 on a team will still post a team score. If fewer than five members of a team finish a race, the score of the remaining slots up to five will be a score of one more (plus two more, etc.) than the field that finishes.
Schools with more than five members finishing the race shall have their five highest finishers’ scores count toward the team championship. Ties in team scoring shall be resolved by comparing the sixth runner’s score from each team. Uniform rules as set by the National Federation shall be enforced at the State Meet.
Article 1…Each competitor’s uniform shall consist of:
b.Full-length cross country jersey and cross country shorts issued by the school;
1. Shorts may vary in length and style, but must be the same color for all team members.
2. Loose-fitting, boxer-type shorts, and compression shorts are permitted for boys and girls. Closed-leg briefs are acceptable for girls. The waistband must be worn above the hips.
3. The jersey (singlet) and shorts may have school identification and the jersey may have the competitor’s name.
4. The jersey shall not be knotted or have a knot-like protrusion.
5. Bare midriff tops are not allowed.
6. A single manufacturer’s logo/trademark, no more than 2 ¼ square inches with no dimension more than 2 ¼ inches, is permitted on each item of apparel.
7. The American flag, not exceeding 2 x 3 inches, is permitted.
8. Any visible shirt(s) worn under the jersey and other visible apparel worn under the shorts must be unadorned and of a single (and the same) color. The visible item under the jersey and the visible item worn under the shorts do not have to be the same color.
9. Contestants shall not wear jewelry with the exception of religious or medical medals. If such medals are worn, they shall be taped to the body under the uniform (religious medals) or in a visible area (medical medals).
PENALTY: (All articles) For illegal uniform, the competitor is disqualified from the event.
STARTING LINE: Each space recommended be a minimum of 2 meters wide. At the starting line, lanes will be left vacant when more lanes available than teams. Example: Lane spots available = 24 / Teams Competing = 20. Prior to drawing for team starting positions, the meet manager will pull out 4 positions such as lanes 4, 8, 12 and 16. Starting assignments would then be drawn and assigned in lanes 1-3 (lane 4 open), 5-7 (lane 8 open), 9-11 (lane 12 open), 13-15 (lane 16 open), 17-20 USE OF GOLF CARTS, BICYCLES AND OTHER MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION AT THE COURSE shall be limited to officials and workers of the State Meet.
AWARDS: Trophies will be given to the top 5 teams in each of the four divisions. Individual plaques will be given to the top twenty runners in each of the four divisions plus individual plaques will be given to each member of the runner-up and championship team in each of the four divisions.
ADMISSION: Adults - $7.00 / Students - $4.00
CLICK HERE for previous Class A & B Boys' Cross Country team and individual champions.
CLICK HERE for previous Class A & B Girls' Cross Country team and individual champions.