The 2015 NDHSAA sponsored State Gymnastics Meet will be held at Magic City Campus located at 1100 11th Ave SW in Minot on February 27-February 28. Mitch Lunde, Activities Director for Minot Public Schools, will be the meet manager.
Click HERE for more tournament information and results.
The two-day event will begin Friday, February 27 with opening ceremonies at 3:45 p.m. Team competition will start at 4:00 p.m.
On Saturday, February 28, opening ceremonies will be held at 12:45 p.m. with scheduled individual competition at 1:00 p.m.
State Gymnastics Information
STATE MEET SCHEDULE:
A. Individual Events
2. Uneven Parallel Bars
3. Balance Beam
4. Floor Exercise
State meet entries are to be submitted electronically to the NDHSAA office and to the meet manager, no later than 10:00 AM Monday prior to the State Meet. Entries submitted after the deadline up to 4:00 PM that Monday will be accepted only if accompanied with payment of $25.00 late entry fee. No entries will be accepted later than 4:00 PM the Monday prior to the State Meet.
Team payments will be made following the end of the fiscal year according to the team payment schedule.
The 2014-16 Girls’ Gymnastics Rules Book published by the National Federation is the official rule book.
Participants must appear in appropriate school identifying uniforms.
In determining the Team Champion, scores are determined by totaling the best four scores for each team in each event.
Each school is allowed six gymnasts for team competition.
Team substitutions are permitted up to the time of the start of the event using the roster as submitted on the state entry form.
Touch warm-up shall be:
Vault and Bars:
Team A: Gymnasts 1, 2, & 3 touch, then compete.
Team B: Gymnasts 1, 2, & 3 touch, then compete.
Team A: Gymnasts 4, 5, & 6 touch, then compete.
Team B: Gymnasts 4, 5, & 6 touch, then compete.
First 3 competitors touch, then competition starts.
Team A: Gymnasts 1&2 touches.
Team B: Gymnast 1 touches.
Team A: Gymnast 1 competes.
Team B: Gymnast 2 touches
Team B: Gymnast 1 competes
Team A: Gymnast 3 touches.
Team A: Gymnast 2 competes.
Team B: Gymnast 3 touches:
Team B: Gymnast 2 competes:
Team A: Gymnast 3 touches:
and so on.
First 6 competitors touch (2 min.):
Team A Gymnasts 1, 2 & 3, followed by Team B Gymnast 1, 2 & 3 touch
Team A Gymnasts 1, 2 & 3 competes followed by Team B 1, 2 & 3 competes
Team B Gymnast 1 competes.
Team A Gymnast 3 & Team B gymnast 3 touch (1 min.)
Team A Gymnast 2 competes.
Team B Gymnast 2 competes.
Team A Gymnast 4 & Team B gymnast 4 touch (1 min.)
and so on.
OFFICIAL RULES STATE TOURNAMENT QUALIFIERS
1. The top eight teams will advance to the State Meet using the top 5 team scores from the regular season, which includes the confence meet. There will be no NDHSAA sponsored regional meet.
2. Tie-breaker for team seeding (Start with number one and stop when the tie is broken):
1. Head to head record where both teams competed.
2. Add team scores of meets where both teams competed.
3. Average top 4 scores (instead of 5) for tied teams.
4. Average top 3 scores for tied teams.
5. Average top 2 scores for tied teams.
6. Top score for tied teams.
7. Coin flip.
3. There will be one (1) session.
4. The schedule will be:
Friday: Parade of athletes, introductions, anthem at 3:45 PM. Competition begins at 4:00 PM. All times are local time
Friday (Team Day):
• 1:00 p.m. – Gym Opens
• 1:15 p.m. - Coaches’ meeting
• 1:45 – 3:45 p.m. – Timed Warm-ups (see note)
• 3:00 p.m. - Officials’ Meeting and video review for base score
• 3:45 p.m. - Opening Ceremony
• 4:00 p.m. - Begin Competition
NOTE: Timed Warm-ups may be adjusted by the host school. Previously 1.5 minutes per athlete x 6 competitors, 2 minute equipment change was used.
Teams will be seeded into the Team State Meet by use of simple ranking program. All host teams must report/submit team scores to Kent VanElls immediately after completion of competition, including Conference Meet. Final ranking will be simple average score of the top five regular season competitions in which the team participated.
Example: North High
December 19 135
January 6 132
January 13 133
January 20 136
January 28 137
February 3 137
February 10 138
• Total: 135+136+137+137+138 = 683 divided by 5 meets = 136.6 average.
Top ranked teams will meet on floor exercise last round, etc.
• See Regulations for Warm-up and Competition Rotations: http://www.ndhsaa.com/regulations/gymnastics
• Coaches will declare the 6 Team Competition athletes per event by the Monday prior to the State Meet.
1. The top 3 regular season scores will be used to advance the top 40 individuals and top 30 all around to the state meet.
2. The top 3 scores for each athlete must be posted on the NDHSAA website plus any update when an athlete achieves a better score.
3. Conference meet may contribute to the 3 score average.
4. Coaches must submit updates on an individual’s score by noon Sunday prior to the State Meet.
5. Top 40 individuals and top 30 all around athletes statewide will qualify to Individual State Meet (no tie-break).
Saturday (Individual Day):
• 10:45 a.m. - Gym Opens
• 11:00 a.m. - Coaches’ Meeting
• 11:30 a.m. - Timed Warm-ups Begin
• 12:30 p.m. - Video review for base score (optional)
• 12:45 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies
• 1:00 p.m. - Begin Competition
1. Meet manager may view the field each day and adjust the warm-up if needed.
a. Touch warm-ups will be used for team-day and individual day.
2. It is recommended to use the individual athlete announcing format and drop back warm up to speed meet up and provide more spectator appeal.
1. Only high school teams are eligible to enter the State Meet. Junior high teams are not eligible, but junior high girls are eligible for the senior high team.
2. If a girl wishes to compete in the all-around, she must enter all four of the individual events.
3. The meet referee shall not be a high school coach of a competing team.
All judges and meet referees will meet one hour prior to the start of competition for video review prior to base scores.
Prior to competition on both days of the State Meet, judges will review videos of routines of the event in which they are assigned.
This will take place no later than 1/2 hour prior to the beginning of competition which is during the scheduled judges’ meeting.
NOTE: Warm-up starting time will be reviewed by the meet manager for Friday for any necessary adjustments.
STATE ADMISSION PRICES
1 Day Ticket: Adults - $10.00, Students - $5.00
2 Tournament Ticket: Adults - $18.00, Students - $8.00
The top four teams receive a team trophy. In addition, competing members of the championship and runner-up teams will receive individual plaques. In each event, the top six individuals receive plaques and 7th through 15th receive ribbons. Because of the number of ties, individual awards will be ordered following competition.
A Meet Referee plus Twelve judges - three in each event will be contracted. Scoring shall be tabulated to the ten-thousandths and rounded off to the nearest thousandth.
Click HERE for previous gymnastics champions